Dance - Sat, Apr. 23, 2011
Want do be a Tiger dancer? Come to tryouts for the Georgetown College team.
Tiger Dance Coach Becky Staton has set the dates for tryouts for her 2011-12 team. The Georgetown Tiger Dancers perform at all home football and basketball games. Their duties include performing sidelines, pom and hip-hop routines for football games, while the team performs pom, hip-hop and jazz routines for basketball games.
When: April 30 and May 1st
Where: Davis-Reed Alumni Basketball Gym
Time: 4:00 pm-6:00 pm both days
What to wear: Dance clothing (dance pants or shorts, tank top, or dance top, dance shoes).
Requirements for the team:
- Commitment and Dedication
- Enthusiasm about dancing
- Double Turn
- Toe Touch
- Attend Collegiate Dance Camp (Reserve dates July 29-31)
- Participate in all team fundraising activities
- Perform all home football and basketball games
- Practice 2-3 times a week
What you should expect at tryouts:
- Will learn a sideline routine
- Will learn a tryout dance
- Show a double or triple turn
- Show a toe touch
- Show right and left splits
- Show leap pass (switch and straddle)
- Show any extra talent you have (i.e. fouette turn, axel, tilt, barrel turn, etc)
- Show your own one minute routine to show off talent (bring your music on a CD)
Questions regarding the Tiger Dance Team tryout should be directed to Coach Staton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (502) 370-6375.