2015 Tiger Classic Summer Tournament
Tournament Page - Track participating teams, schedules, updates on tournament
Hosted By: Georgetown College Softball
GIRL'S FAST PITCH SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT
MARSHALL PARK/GEORGETOWN COLLEGE
August 7-9, 2015
The Georgetown College Softball will be hosting their 11th annual fastpitch softball tournament on August 7-9, 2015. We would like to invite everyone to make this tournament part of their summer ball schedule. We look forward to having you come to Georgetown for a fun filled weekend. The following rules will be used in the tournament.
- Divisions: 18 & Under, 16 & Under, 14 & Under, 12 & Under and 10 & Under
- Entry Fee - $225.
- Entry deadline with entry fee will be July 24th, 2015. Teams may enter the tournament but are not confirmed in the tournament until the entry fee is received. NO EXCEPTIONS. No spots will be held for anyone. Teams that enter and have to withdraw before July 24th from the tournament will receive a total refund. If a team withdraws after July 24th no refund will be given. Teams will be posted on our Tournament Page as they enter the tournament and will show confirmed when the entry fee is received.
- A minimum of 6 teams in each division. The plan is to ensure an even number of teams in each division.
- Guaranteed 4 games.
- All teams will first play in pool play and then will be placed in a single elimination bracket according to their standings from pool play.
- Sanction: ASA - Courtesy runners may be used for pitcher/catcher but must be someone not in the line up. One extra player will be allowed. The pitching distance will be as follows: 18U, 16U and 14U will be 43 feet, 12U will be 40 feet and 10U will be 35 feet.
- Home team will keep the official book and the visiting team will need a representative to keep the scoreboard.
- A player is only allowed to play on one roster for the tournament.
- Time limit - 1hr & 20 minutes. Championship game will have no time limit. (Championship game; 12U - 18U - 7 innings, 10U - 6 innings)
- Slaughter rule - 12 after 3, 10 after 4 and 8 after 5.
- Inter-national tiebreak rule will be used after 7 innings or time limit is up. Only one extra inning will be played in pool games.
- Proof of age will be required upon request. If proof can not be provided then player will not be allowed to play.
- The following will be used upon inclement weather - 1.) Game time shortened, 2.) Games reduced, 3.) Games played on additional fields and 4.) Tournament cancelled. Upon cancellation a reasonable refund on the entry fee only will be made.
- Protest fee $100. If protest is won money will be refunded.
- Gate admission: $5.00/day
- Concessions will be available.
- Team Insurance in required.
- Payments can be made online during registration, using link above, or make checks payable to: Scott County Softball Club
Mail checks to:
Attention; Thomas Thornton
400 East College Street
Georgetown KY, 40324
Questions can be directo to Thomas Thornton
Phone - (Cell) - 859-351-2034
E-Mail - [email protected]