The mission of the Georgetown College Athletic Training Department is to provide complete health care for all student-athletes. Our athletic training facilities contain state-of-the-art equipment used to prevent, evaluate, treat and rehabilitate athletic injuries.
The sports medicine team at Georgetown College is dedicated to the success and well-being of each student-athlete and consists of four full-time certified athletic trainers and team physicians specializing in athletic injuries.
The office phone number is 502-863-7032. Part of being able to properly care for and allow student-athletes to participate in sports at Georgetown is the reading and filling out of the following three documents.
Mandatory Forms for Playing Sports
Parents/Guardians/Student-Athletes, please read and throughly fill out the following forms
Sports Medicine Staff
Head Athletic Trainer & Clinical Coordinatory
Randy McGuire, MS, ATC
- Randy McGuire is entering his 14th year as head athletic trainer at Georgetown College. Randy is a native of New Castle, Penn. He is a member of the National Athletic Trainers Association and a Licensed Athletic Trainer in the State of Kentucky. He receive his BS in health science from Slipper Rock State College in 1982 and a masters in physical education from Austin Peay in 1984. He is also an adjunct faculty member in the kinesiology department at Georgetown College. He resides in Georgetown with his wife Amy, daughter Emily, and has two sons, Matt and Travis who both reside in Lexington.
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Drew Park, MAT, ATC, CSCS
- Drew is a native of Richmond, Ky. He attended University of Louisville from 2008-12, where he earned his bachelor degree in exercise science. Park joins Georgetown College after recently graduating with his masters degree in athletic training from University of Findlay in May 2015. Along with being an assistant athletic trainer here at Georgetown, he is also an adjunct faculty member in the kinesiology department. Drew is a certified strength and conditioning specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association.
Assistant Athletic Trainer
Meghan Trella, ATC
Dr. Tim Wilson; Kelly Evans-Rankin, MD; Mike Jones, PA-C
Wade Rankin, DO; Ivan Morrin, MD
Ben Lyon, MD
Ear, Nose & Throat
Ron Shashy, MD
Melissa Smith, DO
John Reid, DMD
Robert Henderson, DMD
KORT PHYSICAL THERAPY
Chad Thompson, PT, DPT, OCS
Tips to Facilitate Care of Your Son/Daughter:
- If there are changes in your primary insurance carrier, home address, etc., notify the Insurance Coordinator at Georgetown College immediately
- Contact your primary insurance company prior to your child attending college with regards to coverage; some require a letter from the Registrar's Office in order to continue coverage, while others provide no out-of-area or out-of-state coverage. (A few companies will allow you to request coverage in Scott County/Georgetown to be covered.)
- Always follow the guidelines of your primary insurance.
- If you do not have primary insurance for your son/daughter, try to obtain some
- If your son/daughter does see a doctor due to an injury, be sure to send the bill and EOB to the Insurance Coordinator at the College upon receiving them.
- Remember that coverage is not guaranteed until all paperwork has been filed and approved by our insurance company